NAWBO Board Elections
Dear NAWBO Southern Nevada Member,
This is a very exciting time for women business owners in Nevada. We want our Board to be representative of this growth and of the finest women business owners in Southern Nevada. We need you to help make it happen.
Your CALL TO ACTION is to nominate NAWBO Southern Nevada members in good standing holding a Premier Membership (voting rights).
You may self-nominate. In fact, you are highly encouraged to do so.
The nomination deadline is Friday, April 28, 2023. Attached is the application form, committee descriptions. Also, attached is the Officer information if you are interested in applying for an officer role, first we will vote in the board, then hold a vote for the officers.
The nominations committee is seeking board candidates to apply who possess the following leadership attributes and qualifications:
- MEMBERSHIP: Is a NAWBO voting member in good standing.
- NAWBO CORE VALUES: HUMILITY, INTEGRITY, SERVANT HEART,
TEAM PLAYER, OPEN MINDEDNESS, RELIABILITY, INSPIRING,
- SERVICE: Has proven history of service and commitment to NAWBO SOUTHERN NEVADA.
- EXPERIENCE: Is an experienced board member with a history of service on other nonprofit or membership boards.
- VISION: Has the ability to see the big picture, and to help develop strategy and policy to help the organization and the women’s business community at large.
- STEWARDSHIP: Has the ability to serve and promote the interests of the organization and the women’s business community at large.
- KNOWLEDGE: Possesses knowledge and understanding of the issues and concerns of women business owners; and the commitment to stay informed and knowledgeable on all pertinent issues that impact our members.
- ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Has the willingness to become thoroughly familiar with the mission and how the organization carries out the mission day-to-day through its organizational structure and operations.
- PERSONAL COMMITMENT: Is willing to take time and make the
effort needed to fulfill director responsibilities: including
understanding strategic, financial and operational issues facing the
organization; and engaging personally and directly with the
organization whether through financial support, advocacy, networking, personal service, or other support activities.
- MEETING ATTENDANCE: Is willing to commit personal time to
attend board meetings.
The newly slated of Board of Directors will take office on July 1, 2023.
Thank you in advance for taking an active role in this year’s nomination process and for encouraging your NAWBO Sisters to do the same.
Together we WIN.
Should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at Sharice@CreativeBiznessSolutions.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Your Nominating Committee Chair,
Sharice Lance, Treasurer